is seeking a Software Development and CAD Engineer for its Wimbledon office. The successful candidate will be involved in development of CHAM’s latest, and new future products which include RhinoCFD
, a plug-in integrating CFD capabilities into Rhino.Main Tasks
• Build upon and improve RhinoCFD, optimizing all aspects of the program, from menu systems and general interface, to underlying physics and display in the Rhino environment.
• Ready the plugin for integration with Rhino 6 involving migration to C#
• Begin the integration project with Grasshopper 2
• Provide support to clients and agents
• Do the same with new software products as requestedQualifications
• BSc or MSc in Computational Science, Computer Aided Design, Systems Engineering, or related field
• Experience with C#, .NET framework, C++
• Solid CAD knowledge and experience, in particular with Rhino3D
• 1-2 years’ experience using and developing software / plug-ins
• Knowledge of Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
• Excellent communication skills (both verbally and in writing) and the ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
• Experience using Rhino and Grasshopper
• Knowledge of FORTRAN
• Knowledge of VTK (Visualisation Tool Kit) and OpenScenegraph would be useful as would familiarity with typical computer solid geometry representations and, perhaps, ABDCHAM
offers a competitive salary and benefits package to the successful applicant. Applicants are invited to send a current CV and cover letter outlining their qualifications for this position to HR@cham.co.uk
with the subject heading “Software Developer Application – (Your Name)”.